Helena StennettParish Councillor
- Which year did you join the council?
- What is your favourite thing about Crofton?
A large portion my family are here and it is a welcoming & friendly place where I grew up. The green areas (that are sadly fast depleting) in which I can walk with my children and dog.
- Are there any things about the village which you think could be improved?
Community events and spirit. Our environment should be protected and nurtured better.
- Why did you decide to become a councillor?
To help with the above improvements and close the gap between the residents and the Parish Council.
- What do you enjoy most about being a councillor?
Being involved in the planters group alongside 2 other councillors which, is charged with the annual hanging baskets, planters and hopefully extending their current scope.
- What, specifically, do you hope to contribute in your time on the council?
I hope that my contribution to the council will as stated above close the gap between the residents and the councillors and provide a better understanding of both points of view and necessary actions, by being an approachable councillor whom people can come to and speak openly about their thoughts.
- Do you hold any current community responsibilities or interests outside the council? What hobbies/interests do you like to pursue in your spare time?
I am currently the Chairperson of the LIVE Crofton group, a group I initiated to raise funds for improvements within community and put on events to raise the spirit and pride in the residents of Crofton.
When I’m not busy with work, LIVE Crofton or Parish matters, we (myself and my daughters) like to either go out with the dog Geocaching – a kind of treasure hunt. We also love being crafty and making things from nothing.
- Are you affiliated to/a member of any political party or organisation?
Her Majesty the Queen The passing of Her Majesty the Queen As Chairman of Crofton Parish Council, I wish to state that it is with great sadness that yesterday we learned of the death of our Queen. Protocol dictates that as a mark of respect we may not hold our parish...
As part of the council’s operations we have now received monies from WMDC to be spent on ‘green spaces’ around the village. This funding can be difficult to obtain, and therefore, as we make decisions on how to allocate it, we want to offer residents of Crofton the...